Please join us* as our Special Guests Tuesday evening – November 10 – in Denver for an enlightening 21st Century event! But first – a few questions for you to ponder as a business person (and assuming that you might have a business to which you’d like to drive business):
- Can you identify which markets delivered on your last sales promotion? (And which did not?)
- Can you identify which stores delivered on your brand’s profit?
- Can you determine what drives your business? Ethnicity? Demographics? Income? Weather?
Location intelligence is changing the way we do and think about business, public policy, the environment…everything. It has been a niche skill for the last 20 years. Google Earth and smart phones are making maps and geography part of your day to day business and individual life. However, there is still a skill to be acquired in thinking spatially which is critical to competing in the 21st Century.
Find out why the location dimension…the spatial dimension…the geographic dimension of information is the new competitive advantage. The Denver Future Forum is proud to present three visionary thought leaders on the subject:
• Steve Hick, Director of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) at the University of Denver will talk about the history of location intelligence, where it sits in the academic curriculum, and why it needs to expand to other disciplines such as business, international affairs, public policy, real estate, and the social sciences.
• Jim Pollock, President of aWhere, a Golden,CO-based location intelligence company, will discuss the business benefits of understanding traditional business metrics in the context of where people, factories, businesses, supplies, services, capital, etc. are located.
• John Corbett, CEO of aWhere, will discuss how location intelligence improves public policy with examples of the impact of understanding and visualizing the correlation between human health and climate.
Don’t miss this unique perspective on an emerging business sector.
Please RSVP to Erin Beatty of the Denver Future Forum, email@example.com, and let her know that you’ll be joining us.
Date: Tuesday, Nov. 10
Time: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Location: Leo Block Alumni Center (University of Denver)
Address: 2190 E. Asbury Ave.
* You have been selected for this invitation by
erika hanson brown
STELLAR Connections LLC
"connecting leaders for business"
denver, co usa
the connectoring® strategist blog: http://erikahansonbrown.posterous.com